This has been a big week for us!
No, there is still no baby, but there is a lot to celebrate! For starters, on Wednesday I packed up my office. I am officially self-employed! I'll be working from home until the baby comes, then I have maternity leave until February 1st! At that time I get to start working exclusively for Shay Inc (new official company name is still pending!). I'm so excited! I love working for Bon Jovi and am looking forward to bringing in more clients once I get a good routine established with the baby at home.
Steven has a lot to celebrate too! He has finished the initial mixes for all 12 songs on his lullaby record! Three of the songs have been fully approved and from here on it will be all about tweaks to get the others completed. I'm so proud of him! He has been working so hard and it has really paid off!
Last weekend Steven and I spend Saturday cruising guitar shops. With the money he's making from the lullaby album he decided to buy a new acoustic guitar. On Monday he purchased a Gibson J45. I'm really glad he was able to find one that he loves!
On Wednesday we also hit 37 weeks, which makes us full term! We visited the doctor again and everything still looks great!
To celebrate all of these things Steven took me out on a date Wednesday night. He let me pick the restaurant, so I chose one of our favorites: The Melting Pot! I know it's kind of cliche but we love that place!
Today we refrained from Black Friday shopping. We shopped ahead this year and have most of our shopping done already (yessss!). I spent the day cleaning the house since I've neglected it for so many weeks! I threw away so much and we took yet another box to Goodwill. The house feels like home again! Tomorrow we'll be getting our Christmas tree and will start to make this place feel festive for our first Christmas with our little boy!
Love to you all!
I love y'all's matching plaid shirts lol! I am so hot for plaid!!! We need to get Peanut lots of plaid.
ReplyDeleteYou think I could get my hands on a copy of this lullaby cd ;)
ReplyDelete