Friday, October 29, 2010

33 weeks... 7 to go

I have a few minutes to come up for air from work, so I figured I would do a post. Life is SO busy lately! Part of me wants to hurry and get to December so this can all be "over" and the other half wants to scream "I NEED MORE TIME!!!"


Work is insane. We're going full speed ahead in Bon Jovi land. We announced our 2011 tour dates on Wednesday (which meant I was up by 2:30AM to assist with the European announcement... and I was back up at 6 when we announced North America). Today our Greatest Hits album had it's first release (Germany) and we have 5 more release dates to go. Then there's all of the events, concerts, pre-sales, promotions, contests, TV appearances and award shows between now and the end of November. It's a wild, crazy profession but it's so rewarding and I love it! Even if I am exhausted and running on caffeine and Butterfinger bars.


Steven's been really busy himself. He has several major design projects at work and last night (I really need to brag about this one) he found out he's been hired to produce a full length album of Flaming Lips songs as lullabies. He's been working on getting this gig for several months... turning in sample demos and corresponding with the label that puts out these very fun and exciting rock albums for babies. I'm looking forward to putting Peanut to sleep to some of his daddy's lullabies. He has already made some amazing lullabies of my favorite Hanson and Muse songs so these new tracks will add to Peanut's Sleepy Time Playlist. Congratulations babe, I am so proud of you!


I promised pictures from my baby shower here in Nashville, so here they are!


On October 9th my sister, Lindsey, and Steven's cousin, Jessica, hosted a baby shower for me at Steven's parents house. It was a really beautiful day and as I thanked the room of women for coming I almost choked up from being so grateful they are each in my life.


Kristin, Jamie and 'Little" Shay- friends from Belmont!

Me and Sarah, both 30 weeks pregnant!

The hostesses and me: Jessica, Me, Lindsey

Peanut's great-grandmothers! Mama Joyce and Nana

Peanut's cousins: Jessica, Leslie (who is due in February with Peanut's newest cousin) holding Kennedy, and Brooke

From left: Andrea, me, Jenn

From left: Steven's Great-Aunt Joyce, my sister Lindsey, Liz, Brooke, and Joy

Me with the little booties Aunt Joyce made for Peanut. He's going to be so cute in these!

Me and Brooke, Nashville's best kept jazz singing secret!
Looking around a room filled with my family, Steven's family, industry friends, college friends, new friends, music friends..... I felt so loved. I am so thankful that our son gets to grow up with all of these amazing women in his life!


Last week Steven and I began our "Baby Classes." We have taken an Infant Care class, a Breastfeeding class and the first of 6 Childbirth classes. We also have the "Vanderbilt New Beginnings" class in November, which tells us what to expect when we are at the hospital and gives us a tour of the floor we'll be on. Yes we are indeed learning a lot, as there is a lot to learn.


Also last week Peanut's nursery furniture came in. Steven successfully assembled the crib and rocking chair. On Wednesday of this week he set out to conquer the dresser/changing table. He got all of the pieces out of the box then realized they sent us the wrong one!!! What a pain. I'm really looking forward to getting the room completely set up and putting all of Peanut's tiny clothes away in drawers (right now they are stuffed in a Rubbermaid container... you've never seen so many clothes!) The dining room will continue to look like a war zone until we get that room organized... bleh. Until then here are some cute pics of the process so far:


Steven assembling the crib

Deep in thought...

All done! He did a great job!

Crash's baby doll is modeling how the crib will look with a baby in it!
I'll end the post with one last picture. This is my dad and me at Babies R Us when we bought Peanut's (or "Ex Mo" as Dad calls him) motorcycle jacket!


Note to self: horizontal stripes and pregnancy don't work well together

No comments:

Post a Comment