Tuesday, February 8, 2011

2 month milestones

Liam is now 2 months old! I really can'y believe how much he is changing and growing every single day. When I sit and think about all the new things that have happened in our house in the past month I feel overwhelmed and proud. We are so lucky to be parents to such a smart and happy little boy!

Here are some of the biggest milestone from the past month:

  • Liam now weighs 11 lbs 12 oz and is 23" long. Pretty soon he'll be double his birth weight (which was 6 lbs 14 oz)
  • Liam is SMILING now!! There is truly nothing better than seeing his gummy little smile every single day. Smiles most often come when he's getting changed on the changing table or when he sees one of us for the first time that day. Daddy gets lots of precious smiles when he comes home from work!
Precious boy!
  • We have a little chatter box on our hands! Liam is making a lot of new noises "ooh" "ahh" "ack" "goo" and our absolute favorite "ahhhh-GOO!" Sometimes we get sweet soft "ahh-goo" and sometimes we get excited "ahh GOO! AHH GOO! AHHHHH GOOOOO!" Every now and then Liam gets serious with Steven and will give him a very matter of fact "ahh goo."
  • Liam loves lights and windows! Here's a picture of the day he discovered the overhead light in our living room:
  • Liam now takes a bottle, which makes going to church and friend's houses much easier on me!
  • This past weekend Liam slept through the night two nights in a row! Mom and Dad rejoiced!

Last week my maternity leave officially ended. I am very blessed in the sense that my job is one that I can do from anywhere. My team is spread all over the country (world, actually) so we communicate via Skype, phone and email primarily. Therefore I made the decision to give up my office and become a work-from-home mom! It's been a challenge to keep up with work while caring for Liam every day, but I am making it work. I know in my heart that no matter how hard juggling all of these things are on a day to day basis it is nowhere near as hard as it would have been to hand my 8 week old baby over to daycare! The band and my co-workers are very supportive of my new role as "mom." This is a huge blessing- one I will never take for granted!

The last weekend in January we took Liam on his first trip out of town. We packed up the car and went to Atlanta so Liam could meet my Aunts Debby and Anita and my grandparents. Of course, Mimi and Aunt Lindsey were happy to get in some good cuddle time with Liam too! We had a great visit. Liam had a wonderful time checking out all the lights and windows in Mimi's house. The trip exhausted him and he slept  great for the first few nights we were home!

Nana with Liam


Nana and Papa with their first Great-Grandson

Aunt Neen and Liam

Mimi with a very sleepy baby!

Four generations of our family!

Nashville has had some pretty nasty weather ever since Liam was born. I've lost count of how many snowfalls we have had since December 3rd. That cold, snowy weather doesn't make it very easy for us to take Liam out of the house. Steven and I are looking forward to springtime when we can break out the stroller any day we want and take Liam up to the park or down the neighborhood greenway. Until then, we figure out ways to play inside:
He likes to sing us Irish drinking songs... ("yo ho ho..")
Liam loves playing "Superman" with Dad
He loves his car seat but is not a fan of wearing his hat out in the cold
Morning nekkid time!
Our little chatter box!
Getting clean!


Weeeeee! (Ahh-goo!)

2 comments: