28 weeks pregnant
I can't believe I am due in just 12 weeks. We still have so much to do! Little by little we will get there.
We had our final ultrasound on Friday afternoon. Peanut is getting so big! At 28 weeks babies on average weigh 2lb4oz. Our little guy weighed in at 2lbs13oz! I'll bet he is 3 pounds by now. Time will tell if he ends up with the Monroe Family "tiny" gene (which I obviously got, as did my sister) but I'd say at this point that all signs point to no. The woman doing the ultrasound was rushing through it and didn't take the time to get good pictures. She gave us 3 but none of them are good- just blurry close ups of his head. They aren't even worth posting, to be honest. I may not even put them in his baby book because they are that bad. That was disappointing but I have a lot of good pictures from our previous ultrasounds so we'll just hang on to those.
After the ultrasound I had an appointment with my midwife. While listening to Peanut's heart beat on the doppler we could hear him hiccuping! I also did my mandatory Glucose test last week and passed! My midwife continues to be pleased with how I'm doing. Everything looks really, really good going into this homestretch!
Peanut's lungs are developing more each day and he can now open his eyes in the womb. A week and a half ago Steven and I were on the couch. I had a blanket over me and Peanut was bouncing so much that we could see him through the blanket. I pulled the blanket back and looked at my belly to see what it looked like. Lo and behold, he stopped moving. I put the blanket back and after a few seconds the bouncing began again. We figured out it was because of the light coming in when I took off the blanket! Steven and I sat there and played "peek-a-boo" with him and laughed our heads off at how he would immediately stop moving each time the blanket was off. Sometimes when I feel him moving on one side I'll put one finger on the other side of my belly. I'll feel him scoot over and touch where my finger is. I can't believe he can see that now! It's so cool to play with him already!
Here is the paint color we picked out for his room:
The middle shade of blue, to match the elephant on his blanket
And here's what his crib bedding looks like.
We love it! It's like a crazy zoo animal parade in India. If you can come up with a better description for it than that I'm all ears!
That's all for now. Love to you all!
A) YOU LOOK SO CUTE!! B) LOVE the room decoration idea ;) I will have to try that blanket trick...I feel like I am not very good at figuring things out like that. She moves and I hold my belly, anytime Burke holds my belly she stops. She must know her dads touch and is just like sigh daddy and relaxes lol.
ReplyDeleteLove the blue - it will match your eyes! You do look wonderful and happy and healthy. That boy of yours is huge!! xoxoxoxomom
ReplyDeleteLove the new picture! Cute top! You are absolutely radiant!
ReplyDelete