Friday, August 27, 2010

24 week ultrasound and check up

This morning we returned to Vanderbilt for a 24 week ultrasound. Have a look at this lil cutie:



I don't know if Peanut was feeling camera shy or if he was just tired (he kept me up most of last night by having one of his dance parties) but he burrowed way down low and kept his hands over his face. He was also playing with the umbilical cord- we could clearly see his little hand wrapped around it! The ultrasound technician was very patient and finally managed to get the photo above. I'm going to have to find a baby picture of Steven and post it so you all realize how much Peanut is already looking like his dad! It really is amazing how he's shaping out to look like Steven's "mini-me!" Doesn't he look sweet, though? Like he's dreaming away. We love our baby boy so much.

After the ultrasound we went to our midwife for a check up. Linda is very pleased with Peanut's development. He weighs 1 pound, 7 ounces and is growing perfectly! She's also pleased with how I am coming along. Despite not looking like a typical 5 month pregnant woman I'm still exactly on track with where we should be at 24 weeks. So good reports for everyone! We return for another ultrasound and my mandatory glucose test at the end of September.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. He's so adorable, and I agree he looks like Steven :) and his baby pics. So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious pic! Isn't it so amazing to know that you have a life growing inside you?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute photo!! I love it!! By normal 5 month pregnant woman you mean...large like me lol ;) Glad everything is progressing well, can't wait to meet Jr. ;)

    ReplyDelete