Thursday, July 29, 2010

OOOHHH we're halfway there...

We're at the halfway mark! 20 weeks down, and 20 left to go. I can't believe this pregnancy is already halfway over! Steven and I thought now would be a good time to show everyone how I'm looking these days.

20 week belly

Sorry I look kind of sweaty. It's the end of July, I'm 4.5 months pregnant and our AC at work decided to break... again. The baby is now the length of a banana. We're running out of fruit!

So my friend Jamie (who, by the way, is Peanut's future mother-in-law since we have decided he will marry her daughter, Shay) asked me which concert the baby liked the best between Bon Jovi, Dierks Bentley, and Paul McCartney. The winner, by a mile, is Paul McCartney! Peanut tapped his foot along to Dierks and jumped to Bon Jovi but seemed to really get into Sir Paul's show. He even kicked in rhythm to "Elenore Rigby"- it was hilarious!

Speaking of the kicking, we were told at 9 weeks that we had a very active child and that seems to still be true. All of the pregnancy websites and books said that at 16 weeks I "could begin to feel light flutters as the baby moves." Flutters? Yeah right. I felt definite kicks at the end of my 16th week and it's continued since then. He jumps and kicks and stretches a lot- usually in the morning and around 10 o'clock at night (and apparently when I'm blogging because he's going at it right now...). I love it! He is such a great kid already.

I'll leave you with these pictures. Steven sent me flowers at work yesterday! He's such a sweetheart. I love, love, love both of my boys so much!


 

1 comment:

  1. You look so cute with your itty bitty baby belly! Jeff and I can't wait until we get to meet our son in law ;) Peanut and Bug will have to have playdates someday! So happy you are loving pregnancy and Peanut seems to already have discerning taste in music!

    ReplyDelete