After Steven's update yesterday we figured it would be a good time to post some belly pictures for those of you who don't get to see us on a regular basis.
16 weeks- shirt down:
16 weeks- shirt up:
So, yeah! Hard to believe someone is in there but hopefully I'll be feeling some movement in the next couple of weeks. Earlier this week I was feeling some pretty intense ligament and muscle stretching in there. It was uncomfortable but really cool! Peanut's getting ready for a growth spurt and I'm gonna bet the next picture I post will have a much bigger baby bump.
Steven wasn't kidding about chicken.... I never would have imagined that, of all things, CHICKEN would be my biggest foe during pregnancy but the look, smell and thought of a piece of chicken literally makes me gag.
Here are a few things I've been craving:
Fresh fruits and vegetables: give me local homegrown tomatoes, avocados, black eyed eyes, cucumbers, hearts of palm and lady peas any time!
Sweet Cece's: The most amazing and delicious frozen yogurt shop in the universe!! There's one 5 minutes from my house and 5 minutes from my office. They have a bazillion toppings and let you create your own frozen treat. I like vanilla yogurt with Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Skittles, a chunk of brownie, a chunk of cheesecake and (to make myself feel like it's healthy) fresh strawberries.
Tony Packo's Spicy Pickles: My friend Sarah introduced us to these little spicy gems while in Toledo, OH for her wedding several years ago. I ordered some for Steven because he absolutely loves them... unfortunately for him I've taken them over, even though I don't even like spicy foods! This proves that the whole "pickles & ice cream" thang is very true.
I've been strict about what I'll eat. It's been suggested that pregnant women should not eat cold cuts unless they heat it in the microwave first. That may not sound so bad but have you ever tried it? 9 times out of 10 it becomes slimy and disgusting. Bleh. So no Jimmy John's for me until 2011. I've also sworn off soft cheeses unless I know for a fact they're pasteurized. I limit myself to no more than one caffeinated drink a day and if you know me you know that's a big change! I just want to be good to Peanut. Plus, it's not forever. I can do anything for 9 months.
I guess that's all for now! Love to you all....
SO cute!!! You and Peanut are the cutest ever!!!
ReplyDeleteYou look awesome!! So beautiful! Pregnancy agrees with you, Shay Shay...xoxomom
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing!! I feel you on the "only one caffeinated drink a day" thing - when my time comes, that will be my biggest challenge! x x
ReplyDeleteGlad you like the pickles...guess I need to have my mom get some more for you ha! I wish I had your willpower...I have been great about things like the lunchmeat etc. I never drank pop...like ever...so now I crave it? I am allowing myself a pop a week, but that's it. I eat what sounds good...veggies has never sounded good but I am really trying! Very Much craving the berries and such though...and lots of guacamole..and tomatoes which is weird to.
ReplyDeleteYour Belly is so cute ;) Please note..there will not be any of mine without a shirt...people would have nightmares HA!
Love you!