Wednesday, June 16, 2010

14 week check up

We're 14 weeks pregnant today! To "celebrate" we went to the doctor for a check-up. Our midwife, Linda, is very pleased with our progress. Peanut's heart rate was 150, which is perfect. I don't think we'll ever get tired of hearing that heartbeat- or the way Peanut likes to kick the Doppler! Linda said everything was great and my recent blood work all looked perfect. We can't ask for much better than that!


Each week we receive an email telling us about the baby's progress. The baby's size has been referred to as a poppy seed, sesame seed, chick pea... eventually we moved to fruit and became a kumquat, a lime.... then out of nowhere it said Peanut was the size of a medium shrimp! GROSS! I'm happy to have Shrimp Week over with because now we are supposedly the proud parents of a lemon-sized baby who can suck it's thumb and make facial expressions. 


This morning we made our BIG appointment. On July 23rd we go for our 19 week ultrasound and learn Peanut's gender. Steven and I can't wait to find out if we are having a son or a daughter! Now we just have to be patient for 5 more weeks.....

2 comments:

  1. Yea!! I love your Blog, you did such a great job...can you re-do mine ha! I am so excited, the shrimp totally freaked me out to...I look forward to Lemon status in a few days! Love you all! Umm I am a little disappointed your furbaby is not pictured?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to make a prediction that you are having a girl. Of course you'll hear a ton of predictions from everyone...and it doesn't matter one bit. I'm excited that you get to find out in July though! I'm glad things are going so well! If you need anything at all give me a call! Let's get together soon!

    ReplyDelete